We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you accept any changes. This policy is effective from March 2012.
What personal information do we collect?
In general, and unless you choose to provide us with your personal information, you can use this Website without giving us any personal information. However, we may gather certain (non personal) information such as records of your activity on the Website without you giving us personal information.
We may collect and use the following information:
- - your name and contact information (including postal address, e mail address and telephone number) and any other contact details you provide to us;
- - information you provide if you report a problem with the Website;
- - records of any correspondence when you contact us; and
- - details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data and the resources that you access.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- - internal record keeping;
- - to improve our products and services;
- - to improve and personalize your experience when you visit the Website;
- - to advertise certain products that we think might interest you when you visit the Website;
- - to contact you regarding any specific inquiry you make;
- - statistical analysis;
- - to contact you by e-mail, telephone or mail in order to share information with you about products, services, promotions and events that we believe may interest you or to request your feedback on our products and services from time to time; to carry out direct marketing or e-mail marketing; and to contact you for market research purposes, if you have not objected to such use.
Whom do we share this information with?
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in East Riding Farm and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to our authorized service providers who work with us and who perform certain services on our behalf (e.g. providing marketing services, IT support and maintenance and hosting services). These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions on our behalf but are not permitted to share or to use such information for any other purpose. East Riding Farm may also share limited personal information with other companies within the same group as East Riding Farm ("East Riding Farm Group Companies”) e.g. to the extent needed for proper management and decision making.
East Riding Farm may also disclose your personal data:
- - in response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- - when East Riding Farm believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of East Riding Farm, or of other East Riding Farm Group Companies, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
- - to prospective or actual buyers in the event that East Riding Farm sells any of its business or assets; or to other East Riding Farm Group Companies in the event of a reorganization.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
Direct marketing and your preferences
East Riding Farm and (if you agree to our sharing your personal information with them) other East Riding Farm Group Companies may wish to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other information that may interest you and invite you to take part in market research. This communication may occur by mail (unless you have asked us not to do so) and if you agree, by telephone, email or SMS.
East Riding Farm will ensure that any direct marketing or market research that you receive or are contacted about by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to refuse further marketing communications. For example, in emails we will provide you with an ‘unsubscribe’ link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. East Riding Farm and other East Riding Farm Group Companies will stop any marketing to which you object or withdraw your consent to within a reasonable period, in order to allow sufficient time for the change to be administered. You can change your mind at any time about marketing by informing East Riding Farm using the contact details set out at the bottom of this notice.
In such cases East Riding Farm would not necessarily remove all your personal data from its database(s) but would note and respect your changed direct marketing preferences.
Please remember that the Internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the Internet such as e mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Google Analytics cookies for certain areas of our Website. A cookie is a small file that stores information on your hard drive or browser so that our Website can recognize you as a returning visitor and to tailor your experience of the Website according to your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about your online activity on the Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information about the information gathered using Google Analytics please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org). If you do so, some of the features and services of the Website may not function properly. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Your continued use of the Website will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.
Links to other websites
This Website is intended for a general audience and is not directed toward children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this Website. If we are informed that someone under the age of 13 has submitted personal information, we will remove all such information promptly.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
East Riding Farm
PO Box 4147
Madison CT 06443
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.